Fast-Tracking Green Technology
The U.S. Senate has passed new legislation to prioritize patents for technologies of importance to America's economy, including cutting-edge green technologies.
New legislation that aims to fast-track the patent process for green technology is called the America Invents Act. "The Patent Office’s current pilot program on green technologies has allowed patents to be granted more quickly than the average 2 to 3 year wait. The Menendez amendment would allow the Patent Office to expedite patents of vital national importance. Senator Menendez said, 'We create jobs by harnessing the ideas of our innovators, not tying them down with red tape. The ideas of the future are within our grasp. An efficient government will register those ideas, and then get out of the way.'"
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
Thinking your life is worthwhile is correlated with a variety of positive outcomes.
- A new study finds that adults who feel their lives are meaningful have better health and life outcomes.
- Adults who felt their lives were worthwhile tended to be more social and had healthier habits.
- The findings could be used to help improve the health of older adults.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.