A New Way to Treat Employees
Creating a good team of employees requires more than treating them like worker bees. The best businesses are learning to engage their employees just like they engage their best customers.
What's the Latest Development?
Just as companies exploit new media to reach out to their best customers, businesses should empower their own employees in similar ways. And just as companies must realize their customers are more than buying machines, they must treat their employees as entire people, as well. That means accepting the use of social media applications for purposes other than strictly work-related activities. When employees are tapped into these personal channels, their creativity flows and that is good for business.
What's the Big Idea?
A whole person does a better job than half a person so allowing your office to focus on who they are while realizing the company's values is the good strategy for arriving at creative solutions, not to mention creating a healthy work environment and employee fidelity. And when you see the whole of a person, you learn more about their strengths and weaknesses, allowing a better, more complete team to form. Thanks to new media, the boundaries between work and life are being erased and business should capitalize on that change.
Photo credit: shutterstock.com
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
Even when they suffer costs in doing so.
- It's commonly thought that the suppression of female sexuality is perpetuated by either men or women.
- In a new study, researchers used economics games to observe how both genders treat sexually-available women.
- The results suggests that both sexes punish female promiscuity, though for different reasons and different levels of intensity.
Thinking your life is worthwhile is correlated with a variety of positive outcomes.
- A new study finds that adults who feel their lives are meaningful have better health and life outcomes.
- Adults who felt their lives were worthwhile tended to be more social and had healthier habits.
- The findings could be used to help improve the health of older adults.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.