In recent years, there is a very famous and popular film named Heroes and if you have watched it, I believe that the plot and the characters of the film will make a deep impression on you. Since I watched the film, I have dreamed that I will become one of them and can do what I want to do.In order to realize my dream, my friend introduce a net game called Scions Of Fate to me and in the beginning, he gives me a lot of Scions Of Fate gold so that I can make use of them to go into the unreal world of the game without any limit. As he said, I open the computer to register an account for me and then put in the user name and code to enter into the net game through the SOF gold. In the following step, I begin to apply for a character for myself and choose a brave woman named her as hero. Perhaps, I am the new player and not familiar with the rules of the net game that the designer put forward that some players often drive me out of the game. I reflect this matter to my friend and hope that he can provide some good method to solve this problem. As a result, he laughs at me and still presents me Scions Of Fate money to exchange some advanced equipment for my character. To my surprise, the character becomes much stronger than before and lots of other players invite me to do assignments in their group. Besides, under their help, the level of the character has been improved to a high degree and the ability is becoming larger. Thanks to my friend and the players. Without their help, I can not make sure when I will have a good command of the game.Moreover, in the unreal world, my character is very popular among the group because she is a girl with the courage and wisdom. At the same time, I adopt the cheap SOF gold that I earned in the game to exchange some beautiful clothes for her. But the clothes is more expensive than I think, I should buy sof gold with the money. Hence, the character is more charming and she gets a lot of love from other players.By now, I insist on playing the game and share my ideas with anyone who wants to take part in the game similar to me.
Antimicrobial resistance is growing worldwide, rendering many "work horse" medicines ineffective. Without intervention, drug-resistant pathogens could lead to millions of deaths by 2050. Thankfully, companies like Pfizer are taking action.
- Antimicrobial-resistant pathogens are one of the largest threats to global health today.
- As we get older, our immune systems age, increasing our risk of life threatening infections. Without reliable antibiotics, life expectancy could decline for the first time in modern history.
- If antibiotics become ineffective, common infections could result in hospitalization or even death. Life-saving interventions like cancer treatments and organ transplantation would become more difficult, more often resulting in death. Routine procedures would become hard to perform.
- Without intervention, resistant pathogens could result in 10 million annual deaths by 2050.
- By taking a multi-faceted approach—inclusive of adherence to good stewardship, surveillance and responsible manufacturing practices, as well as an emphasis on prevention and treatment—companies like Pfizer are fighting to help curb the spread.
Are we trying to solve too many problem with technological solutions?
- Technology has given humanity the amazing ability to fix almost any problem, conditioning us to search for technological remedies to what might be social problems.
- Alleviating social inequity is a problem that technology must necessarily attempt to solve, but technology alone cannot shape how humans assemble their societies.
- Only by emphasizing the primary place of individual identity, human dignity, and universal values like empathy and emotion, can we hope to solve global issues that, so far, technology has been unable to conquer.
Radical Transformational Leadership: Strategic Action for Change Agents
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Long hidden under trees, it's utterly massive
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.