Help out a superintendent. Deadline: noon today (Eastern)
Dennis Richards, a superintendent in Falmouth, Massachusetts, is trying to get the annual ASCD conference to recognize the power and the potential of the Social Web. Help him out by adding your name to the collaborators section of his proposal wiki (hint: don't pick the first blank row, choose one further down) and then passing this along. He's going to make his goal of 50; let's see if we can get the total over 100.
It'll only take you a couple of minutes. How often do you get a chance to help out a superintendent? Deadline: noon today (Eastern). Thanks!
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
Eight-dimensional octonions may hold the clues to solve fundamental mysteries.
- Physicists discover complex numbers called octonions that work in 8 dimensions.
- The numbers have been found linked to fundamental forces of reality.
- Understanding octonions can lead to a new model of physics.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
- A recent study used data from several national surveys to compare religiosity, risk-taking preferences and demographic information among more than 20,000 American adolescents.
- The results suggest that risk-taking preferences might partly explain the gender differences in religiosity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.