Half-finished or half-baked? 002
Another installment of my ongoing
series of half-finished (and quite possibly half-baked) thoughts
running through my head...
- Stand up and save time? I am guessing some (many?) school meetings would
benefit from this
picture is a great metaphorfor how it should be.
Berkun's honestyregarding effective meeting management.
I really like Jeff Utecht's term, the "Adminwall." This is
I was talking aboutway back when (my first post ever!).
How fabulous would it be if schools' organizational cultures were like
do YOUR administrators park?
Imagination is dangerous
For all those of us who think schools should foster imagination and
creativity, The Onion gives
us fair warning...
Did You Know?
Fischand I keep getting e-mails about Did You
Know?I actually met someone today who hasn't seen
versionhas LOTS of hits
You Know? II
Also on the small screen
A couple of videos worth watching:
- Wesley Fryer's Administrator Movie
Last, but definitely not least, LeaderTalk is off to a great start. If you
haven't checked it out yet, it's a hoppin' place...
Have a great weekend, everyone.
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
Do you have a magnetic compass in your head?
A new study, led by psychologist Jean Twenge, points to the screen as the problem.
- In a new study, adolescents and young adults are experiencing increased rates of depression and suicide attempts.
- The data cover the years 2005–2017, tracking perfectly with the introduction of the iPhone and widespread dissemination of smartphones.
- Interestingly, the highest increase in depressive incidents was among individuals in the top income bracket.
- The ban will surely shape future conversations about gun control in the U.S.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.