WAM! Radical '80s Prom Photos
The Radical '80s Prom was a huge success. We drew over 100 paying customers and raised over $1000 for Women Action and Media, a national organization dedicated to creating gender justice in media.
It was the best damned dance party I've ever been to. DJs Marc Faletti and Amanda Marcotte had everyone on dancing all night. Organizers Emily Douglas, Jean Stevens, and Nancy Goldstein made everything look easy, which is proof of how hard they worked and how good they are.
Thanks to our generous sponsor Babeland for donating prizes for the costume contest. Thanks to the Bowery Poetry Club and their staff for having us. Most of all, thanks to all our guests including those who came from as far away as DC and Boston to party with us at the Bowery Poetry Club.
Here are the pictures: WAM! Radical '80s Prom
Upstreamism advocate Rishi Manchanda calls us to understand health not as a "personal responsibility" but a "common good."
- Upstreamism tasks health care professionals to combat unhealthy social and cultural influences that exist outside — or upstream — of medical facilities.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
- Thankfully, health care professionals are not alone. Upstreamism is increasingly part of our cultural consciousness.
- Climate change is no longer a financial problem, just a political one.
- Mitigating climate change by decarbonizing our economy would add trillions of dollars in new investments.
- Public attitudes toward climate change have shifted steadily in favor of action. Now it's up to elected leaders.
A new study shows that some men's reaction to sex is not what you'd expect, resulting in a condition previously observed in women.
A plan to forgive almost a trillion dollars in debt would solve the student loan debt crisis, but can it work?
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren has just proposed a bold education reform plan that would forgive billions in student debt.
- The plan would forgive the debt held by more than 30 million Americans.
- The debt forgiveness program is one part of a larger program to make higher education more accessible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.