Radical 80's Prom: Friday at the Bowery Poetry Club!
Join us on Friday December 3 at the Bowery Poetry Club for Radical 80's Prom, a gender-bending night of sheer awesomeness featuring original mashups by Marc Faletti, DJ Amanda Marcotte, a costume contest with prizes by Babeland, and much more. Step into the wicked photo booth, and let met take your picture.
All proceeds benefit Women Action and Media, a national non-profit advocating for gender justice in media, our local chapter, WAM!NYC.
Doors open at 10pm, costume contest judged at midnight, dancing 'til 2am. Tickets $12 at the door.
A totally tubular time will be had by all!
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
If you're lacking confidence and feel like you could benefit from an ego boost, try writing your life story.
In truth, so much of what happens to us in life is random – we are pawns at the mercy of Lady Luck. To take ownership of our experiences and exert a feeling of control over our future, we tell stories about ourselves that weave meaning and continuity into our personal identity.
What do the inventions of the future look like?
- Self-sustaining space colonies and unlimited fusion energy would bring humanity to a new point in our evolution.
- Flying cars and robot butlers could be the next paradigm shift in our tech appetite for change.
- Death and consensus reality might soon become obsolete.
A space memorial company plans to launch the ashes of "Pikachu," a well-loved Tabby, into space.
- Steve Munt, Pikachu's owner, created a GoFundMe page to raise money for the mission.
- If all goes according to plan, Pikachu will be the second cat to enter space, the first being a French feline named Felicette.
- It might seem frivolous, but the cat-lovers commenting on Munt's GoFundMe page would likely disagree.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.