Radical 80's Prom: Friday at the Bowery Poetry Club!
Join us on Friday December 3 at the Bowery Poetry Club for Radical 80's Prom, a gender-bending night of sheer awesomeness featuring original mashups by Marc Faletti, DJ Amanda Marcotte, a costume contest with prizes by Babeland, and much more. Step into the wicked photo booth, and let met take your picture.
All proceeds benefit Women Action and Media, a national non-profit advocating for gender justice in media, our local chapter, WAM!NYC.
Doors open at 10pm, costume contest judged at midnight, dancing 'til 2am. Tickets $12 at the door.
A totally tubular time will be had by all!
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.