The Reason Rally Is Approaching!
Well, this business with the NAP notwithstanding, the Reason Rally is swiftly approaching, and it still promises to be awesome. On March 24, atheists and freethinkers from all across the country - possibly as many as 30,000, by one estimate - will converge on Washington, D.C. to send the message that we're proud to be atheists, that we come from all walks of life, and that we intend to claim our rightful place in the democratic discourse.
As I've mentioned earlier, I will of course be in attendance. I'm getting into town Friday evening and leaving early on Sunday, and I'm free for get-togethers almost any time over the weekend. The only firm plans I have so far are to attend the post-rally celebration at the Lauriol Plaza Restaurant on Saturday night. If you plan to come, or are interested in meeting up at some other point over the weekend, leave a comment or send me an e-mail. I've already been in touch with a couple of readers who are planning to be there, but it's not too late to join the party!
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The best-selling author tells us his methods.
- James Patterson has sold 300 million copies of his 130 books, making him one of the most successful authors alive today.
- He talks about how some writers can overdo it by adding too much research, or worse, straying from their outline for too long.
- James' latest book, The President is Missing, co-written with former President Bill Clinton, is out now.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
It's the first time the association hasn't hired a comedian in 16 years.
- The 2018 WHCA ended in controversy after comedian Michelle Wolf made jokes some considered to be offensive.
- The WHCA apologized for Wolf's jokes, though some journalists and many comedians backed the comedian and decried arguments in favor of limiting the types of speech permitted at the event.
- Ron Chernow, who penned a bestselling biography of Alexander Hamilton, will speak at next year's dinner.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.