Dangerously Irrelevant has a new look!
For those of you who haven’t noticed (yes, I’m talking to you, RSS subscribers), Dangerously Irrelevant now has a new look! I finally made the switch from TypePad to WordPress. Let me know what feedback you have about the new design…
I owe a HUGE THANK YOU to the folks at Foliovision. Alec Kinnear and his team were unbelievably fabulous from the very start. They were always responsive, incredibly patient with all of my questions, and did a great job of soothing my fears as I pondered the switch to the new platform (Are my internal links all going to work? What’s going to happen to my Feedburner feed? Am I going to lose all of my RSS subscribers?). The process couldn’t have happened more smoothly and I couldn’t be more happy with their work. They even sent me a shirt as a thank you!
If you’re considering your own move from TypePad, I recommend Foliovision highly; they’re one of the few places that specializes in that service. If you just want a new web site or need search engine optimization (SEO) help, I’m sure they’re great for that too. I still can’t believe they did what they did for the price that they charged me. There’s no way they made money off me. Did I mention they’re in Bratislava, Slovakia. I’ve never met them!
I’ll be rolling out some new features (as well as reviving some old ones) over the next few weeks. Stay tuned (and thanks for being loyal readers)!
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
In his final years, Martin Luther King, Jr. become increasingly focused on the problem of poverty in America.
- Despite being widely known for his leadership role in the American civil rights movement, Martin Luther King, Jr. also played a central role in organizing the Poor People's Campaign of 1968.
- The campaign was one of the first to demand a guaranteed income for all poor families in America.
- Today, the idea of a universal basic income is increasingly popular, and King's arguments in support of the policy still make a good case some 50 years later.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
For Damien Echols, tattoos are part of his existential armor.
- In prison Damien Echols was known by his number SK931, not his name, and had his hair sheared off. Stripped of his identity, the only thing he had left was his skin.
- This is why he began tattooing things that are meaningful to him — to carry a "suit of armor" made up the images of the people and objects that have significance to him, from his friends to talismans.
- Echols believes that all places are imbued with divinity: "If you interact with New York City as if there's an intelligence behind... then it will behave towards you the same way."
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.