Change quote 01
There are two kinds of organizations. One kind likes to be on the cutting
edge . . . to embrace the new. The other kind fears that, and holds back. . . .
[Organizations] that are good at being edgy will always find a way to thrive. .
. . What do you do when the [world] is moving away from you, not toward you? If
you wait too long, it'll be too late to do much of anything at all. Instead,
recognize that change is coming, that the reality you operate in is dying out,
and start practicing how to do the next big thing. Betting on change is always
the safest bet available.
- Seth Godin, The
, pp. 90-91
A new study estimated the untapped potential of wind energy across Europe.
- A new report calculated how much electricity Europe could generate if it built onshore wind farms on all of its exploitable land.
- The results indicated that European onshore wind farms could supply the whole world with electricity from now until 2050.
- Wind farms come with a few complications, but the researchers noted that their study was meant to highlight the untapped potential of the renewable energy source in Europe.
French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- The French government initially invested in a rural solar roadway in 2016.
- French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- Solar panel "paved" roadways are proving to be inefficient and too expensive.
You want one. Now you may be able to survive one.
Photo credit: Jie Zhao / Getty contributor
- Cats live in a quarter of Western households.
- Allergies to them are common and can be dangerous.
- A new approach targets the primary trouble-causing allergen.