Calling all bloggers! - Leadership Day
Many of our school leaders (principals, superintendents, central
office administrators) need help when it comes to digital
. A lot of help, to be honest. As I've noted again and
again on this blog, most school administrators don't know
- what it means to prepare students for the 21st century;
students and teachers;
infrastructure) look like or how to implement them;
and external stakeholders;
Administrators' lack of knowledge is not entirely their fault. Most of them
didn't grow up with these technologies. Many are not using digital tools on a
regular basis. Few have received training from their employers or their
university preparation programs on how to use, think about, or be a
leaderregarding digital technologies.
So... let's help them out. Wednesday, July 4, 2007 is American Independence Day
and is as good a day as any to celebrate independent (and hopefully innovative)
thinking and leadership. I hereby invite all edubloggers to blog
about effective school technology leadership next Wednesday.
Blog about whatever you like: successes, challenges, reflections, needs.
Write a letter to the administrators in your area. Post a top 10 list. Make a
podcast or a video. Highlight a local success or challenge. Recommend some
readings. Do an interview of a successful K-12 technology leader. Respond to
some of the questions below or make up your own. Whatever strikes you. Please
tag your post with this Technorati tag:
and/or link back to this post. If you don't have a blog, comment on someone
else's post or send your thoughts to me and I'll post 'em for you. I'll do a
summary afterward on what folks wrote and talked about.
Please join us for this important day, because I promise you: if
the leaders don't get it, it isn't going to happen.
Some prompts to spark your thinking
- What do effective K-12 technology leaders do? What actions and behaviors can
you point to that make them effective leaders in the area of technology?
effective technology leaders in their organizations?
administrators forward? Given the unrelenting pressures that they face and their
ever-increasing time demands, what are some things that administrators can do to
become more knowledgeable and skilled in the area of technology leadership?
starting point, what are the absolutely critical skills or abilities that
administrators need to be effective technology leaders?
administrator (i.e., one he / she probably isn't using now)?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.