Genetically Engineered Humans for Space?
Let's face it. The way we're treating the Earth, we're going to need a new home, likely very soon. Stephen Hawking has even warned us to abandon Earth or face extinction. So because we're turning our current home into an increasingly hostile environment, we're forcing ourselves to figure out how to live in the most hostile environment. To help us, can science genetically engineer humans to live in space?
DNews explores the latest science behind this topic:
Image credit: Shutterstock
We're more dependent on them than we realize.
- Scientists says our survival depends on biodiversity.
- A natural climate strategy we often forget.
- Seeing our place among the Earth's living creatures.
There's a high social cost that comes with lighting up.
While short-term results are positive, there is mounting evidence against staying in ketosis for too long.
- Recent studies showed volunteers lost equal or more weight on high-carb, calorie-restricted diets than low-carb, calorie restricted diets.
- There might be positive benefits to short-term usage of a ketogenic diet.
- One dietician warns that the ketogenic diet could put diabetics at risk for diabetic ketoacidosis.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.