Speaking Science 2.0 Tour Hits the Nation's Capital
On Monday, we will be doing our first Speaking Science 2.0 presentation for the DC-area community as part of the annual meetings of the American Institute of Biological Sciences. The talk is open to the public, so we hope several inside-the-Beltway readers are able to make it out. (It follows the inaugural presentation we will be giving at the Stowers Institute in Kansas City on Thursday night of this week.)
Here are the details on the AIBS presentation (PDF flyer):
Monday, May 14
5:00 PM-6:00 PM
American Institute of Biological Sciences Annual Meeting
Capital Hilton Hotel
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.