Obama's Pastor Problem More Damaging than McCain-Bush?
Gallup has released a survey showing that at this point in the race, Obama's association with Wright may be potentially more damaging to his candidacy than McCain's continued embrace of Bush. The reason, as the survey details (below), is that the association with Wright actually hurts McCain among some Democrat leaners (19% say less likely to vote for Obama), whereas McCain's strong alliance with Bush has less of an impact among Republican leaners (10% less likely to vote for McCain).
In political advertising and messaging, you can expect both campaigns along with independent expenditure groups to play on these associations, making for powerful emotional imagery.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
This economy has us in survival mode, stressing out our bodies and minds.
- Economic hardship is linked to physical and psychological illness, resulting in added healthcare expenses people can't afford.
- The gig economy – think Uber, Lyft, TaskRabbit, Handy – is marketed as a 'be your own boss' revolution, but it can be dehumanizing and dangerous; every worker is disposable.
- The cooperative business model can help reverse wealth inequality.
Meanwhile, Spaniards are the least likely to say their culture is superior to others.
- Survey by Pew Research Center shows great variation in chauvinism across Europe.
- Eight most chauvinist countries are in the east, and include Russia.
- British much more likely than French (and slightly more likely than Germans) to say their culture is "superior" to others.
A new study explores how certain personality traits affect individuals' attitudes on obesity in others.
- The study compared personality traits and obesity views among more than 3,000 mothers.
- The results showed that the personality traits neuroticism and extraversion are linked to more negative views and behaviors related to obesity.
- People who scored high in conscientiousness are more likely to experience "fat phobia.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.