100 principal blogs - Update 2
It's been about a month since I announced a new CASTLE project: to get 100 new principal blogs up and running within 100 days.
To date we've had 43 request for new principal blogs. All 43 have been created; 16 are already active (i.e., the principal has started posting). We've also created blogs for two central office administrators that requested them.
Over the next few days we will update our list of known principal blogs to reflect these new numbers. We've also found out about a few other principal bloggers that were previously unknown to us, so that's great too!
Please keep encouraging your local administrators to participate in this project. Blogging can have a number of tangible benefits for principals. The link to the project home page is
If just one principal in your local area decided to try blogging, that would be a great start!
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
If you're lacking confidence and feel like you could benefit from an ego boost, try writing your life story.
In truth, so much of what happens to us in life is random – we are pawns at the mercy of Lady Luck. To take ownership of our experiences and exert a feeling of control over our future, we tell stories about ourselves that weave meaning and continuity into our personal identity.
This gives credence to the 5–2 diet, which has recently gained in popularity thanks to a large celebrity following.
Chances are you're probably thinking about food right now in some capacity. Maybe it's close to dinner and you're wondering what you are going to eat. Maybe you had a really good lunch and are fondly reminiscing about your BLT, or whatnot. Or maybe, just maybe, you're thinking about not eating food for a while.
A space memorial company plans to launch the ashes of "Pikachu," a well-loved Tabby, into space.
- Steve Munt, Pikachu's owner, created a GoFundMe page to raise money for the mission.
- If all goes according to plan, Pikachu will be the second cat to enter space, the first being a French feline named Felicette.
- It might seem frivolous, but the cat-lovers commenting on Munt's GoFundMe page would likely disagree.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.