100 principal blogs - Update 2
It's been about a month since I announced a new CASTLE project: to get 100 new principal blogs up and running within 100 days.
To date we've had 43 request for new principal blogs. All 43 have been created; 16 are already active (i.e., the principal has started posting). We've also created blogs for two central office administrators that requested them.
Over the next few days we will update our list of known principal blogs to reflect these new numbers. We've also found out about a few other principal bloggers that were previously unknown to us, so that's great too!
Please keep encouraging your local administrators to participate in this project. Blogging can have a number of tangible benefits for principals. The link to the project home page is
If just one principal in your local area decided to try blogging, that would be a great start!
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
Eight-dimensional octonions may hold the clues to solve fundamental mysteries.
- Physicists discover complex numbers called octonions that work in 8 dimensions.
- The numbers have been found linked to fundamental forces of reality.
- Understanding octonions can lead to a new model of physics.
Upload your mind? Here's a reality check on the Singularity.
- Though computer engineers claim to know what human consciousness is, many neuroscientists say that we're nowhere close to understanding what it is, or its source.
- Scientists are currently trying to upload human minds to silicon chips, or re-create consciousness with algorithms, but this may be hubristic because we still know so little about what it means to be human.
- Is transhumanism a journey forward or an escape from reality?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.