Rising Economic Players
Pasquale: China and India and Russia and Brazil are a reality that you cannot ignore, but you cannot ignore the fact that, again, as I just say, the United States are the first economy in the world; 20% of the world economy is made up by the United States. And nobody really foresee a total collapse of the United States; it will be a total collapse of the world economy and the world economic order as we know it today.
Recorded: September 24, 2008
Despite India, China, Russia and Brazil, Pasquale Bova still has faith in the US as a leading economic power.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
We know the dangers of too little sleep. Now for the other side of the story.
- Western University researchers found that sleeping over eight hours per night results in cognitive decline.
- Oversleepers suffer similar difficulties on certain cognitive tests as those who sleep under seven hours.
- Not all the news is bad: One night of oversleeping results in a cognitive boost.
The ability to speak clearly, succinctly, and powerfully is easier than you think
The ability to communicate effectively can make or break a person's assessment of your intelligence, competence, and authenticity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.