Jon Corzine on Opportunities For Private Equity
Corzine: I think that sorting through the challenged companies who have preserved their liquidity and will allow them to get through this rough patch that we have in the current economy and have good business positions for offering things that people need, you know. I think buying real estate or companies that are owners of quality real estate portfolios right now is a sensible thing to do. You’re going to buy them a lot cheaper than you would’ve brought them a year ago or two years go or four years ago. Same for some of the companies that are in the alternative energy space. Finding companies that have strong balance sheets, good market position, and it create real values. So private equity companies, I think, have number of opportunities. Here in New Jersey, the biotech industry is an enormous opportunity for well-positioned companies and for private equity investors to put capital to work and look for the long-term benefit that will come from a rising economy, a greater commitment to basic research, basic commitment to science that, I think, we have not put enough money in a society.
Gov. Jon Corzine talks about the positive side to a recession.
Having these financial life skills can help you navigate challenging economic environments.
- Americans are swimming in increasingly higher amounts of debt, even the upper middle class.
- For many, this burden can be alleviated by becoming familiar with some straightforward financial concepts.
- Here's some essential financial life skills needed to ensure your economic wellbeing.
When it comes to flirting, love meters have nothing on these researchers' findings.
- Flirting is an important part of life. It can be a fun, adventurous way to meet others and develop intimate relationships.
- Many people find flirting to be an anxiety-ridden experience, but science can help us discover principles to be more relaxed while flirting.
- Smiling and eye contact are proven winners, while pick-up lines are a flirty fallacy.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.