Is climate change an Evangelical issue?
Question: Where should climate change rank in the order of evangelical priorities?
Transcript:I just happen to think it’s one of a host of important issues. Are they all important? Yes. You know I believe protecting the family, and protecting the unborn, and yes, even protecting the planet deserves a priority. Because I don’t see what good it does to say we’re going to protect the traditional family, if in the meantime the planet is in peril itself. Does that make sense? I don’t think so. So why shouldn’t climate change . . . Why shouldn’t creation care, God’s command, be just as important? I mean does it deserve a lesser importance because it’s caring for the earth? Well that is a kind of biblical heresy. In history gone by, it was known as gnosticism. It was to separate matter from spirit and say the spirit matters . . . matter itself. The earth doesn’t matter. And that a heresy. It’s biblical heresy. And so I happen to put these priorities at an equal level. I think they’re all important.
Recorded on: 6/25/07
Why shouldn't creation care, which is Gods command, be just as important as other issues today?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.