Carol Gilligan on the Psychological Differences between Men and Women
Carol Gilligan: A colleague said “if you write book called any Different Voice, she was linguist you only need one book, here is the voice that is described as the human voice and here is the Different Voice” and I said in the being of in a Different Voice, I empirically notice that this Different Voice was of what I heard more often in women, but I said it is not a women’s voice it’s a Different Voice and if you listen to it, you will hear in men too,” as I told you for example with the study of the college students and in a Different Voice in chapter 6 there are descriptions of how men at times of crisis in there lives often when there relationship fall apart, start to speak in a much more relational voice, because they realize that their blindness to those issues the relationship had let them into lot of loss and pain.
Carol Gilligan on when men are from venus.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
Bushier eyebrows are associated with higher levels of narcissism, according to new research.
- Science has provided an excellent clue for identifying the narcissists among us.
- Eyebrows are crucial to recognizing identities.
- The study provides insight into how we process faces and our latent ability to detect toxic people.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.