The Floating University Recognized Among Top Mobile Resources
"The idea is that education is moving away from a centralized physical location and more to somewhere students can learn from anywhere."
"The Floating University aims to change the way higher education works by changing how college is structured," writes BestOnlineUniversities, which lists Big Think's venture in The Mobile Learning Revolution: The Top 101 Resources. "The idea is that education is moving away from a centralized physical location and more to somewhere students can learn from anywhere."
The Floating University's online course, "Great Big Ideas," was produced in partnership with Big Think and The Jack Parker Corporation. It is available for free on YouTube here.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Thinking your life is worthwhile is correlated with a variety of positive outcomes.
- A new study finds that adults who feel their lives are meaningful have better health and life outcomes.
- Adults who felt their lives were worthwhile tended to be more social and had healthier habits.
- The findings could be used to help improve the health of older adults.
Even when they suffer costs in doing so.
- It's commonly thought that the suppression of female sexuality is perpetuated by either men or women.
- In a new study, researchers used economics games to observe how both genders treat sexually-available women.
- The results suggests that both sexes punish female promiscuity, though for different reasons and different levels of intensity.
Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com, explains his plan for success.
- Jeff Bezos had a clear vision for Amazon.com from the start.
- He was inspired by a statistic he learned while working at a hedge fund: In the '90s, web usage was growing at 2,300% a year.
- Bezos explains why books, in particular, make for a perfect item to sell on the internet.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.