PopularSurprising SciencePersonal GrowthMind & BrainSex & RelationshipsTechnology & InnovationCulture & ReligionPolitics & Current Affairs
A new method of growing mini-brains produces some startling results.
20 March, 2019
(Lancaster, et al)
- Researchers find a new and inexpensive way to keep organoids growing for a year.
- Axons from the study's organoids attached themselves to embryonic mouse spinal cord cells.
- The mini-brains took control of muscles connected to the spinal cords.
brain medical research cognitive science discovery biomechanics synthetic biology organoid mini-brain neuroscience
Using a new process, a mini-brain develops retinal cells.
12 March, 2019
- Mini-brains, or "neural organoids," are at the cutting edge of medical research.
- This is the first one that's started developing eyes.
- Stem cells are key to the growing of organoids of various body parts.
brain sight bioethics medical research synthetic biology microbiology organoid mini-brain neuroscience