An expert's take on how to ace your exams through mindfulness.
- Being here and in the present is a necessity, if you want to excel in any situation.
- Author Logan Thompson explores in his new book how mindfulness is one of the most important aspects of test taking.
- Mindfulness is something that anyone can take up.
Meditation doesn't just reduce stress or make you a more spiritual person; it changes your brain in a variety of ways that can make it easier to learn new information.
- Mindfulness meditation has been shown to have a wide array of effects on the human brain.
- Many of those effects work together to improve the human brain's ability to learn new information.
- If you're interested in becoming a smarter human being, consider incorporating meditation into your daily routine.
In McMindfulness, Ronald Purser says modern mindfulness is dictated more by market forces than ethics.
- Detaching mindfulness from Buddhist principles is deceiving, claims McMindfulness author Ronald Purser.
- In his new book, Purser argues that neoliberal policies have distorted the true aim of mindfulness.
- Purser says that being better workers is a far cry from the essential moral practices of Buddhism.
Brain plasticity. Mindful superpowers. Pokémon invading our grey matter. Scientists have only begun to learn about the human brain.
- In 1848, Phineaus Gage kicked off our modern neuroscience after blasting a tamping iron through his skull.
- We explore 7 things scientists have since learned about this important, complex organ.
- Many mysteries remain such as where consciousness originates and how we evolved such a multipurpose mind.
Without a healthy mind, tackling life's challenges becomes exponentially more difficult.
- Most people know about the importance of managing your finances or eating a healthy diet, but few pay as much attention to their mental health.
- If we engage in bad habits, we might suddenly find ourselves confined to our beds by fatigue or up all night with anxiety.
- Research has shown that these four activities are crucial to maintaining a healthy state of mind.