The distance between the American dream and reality is expressed best through literature.
- Literature expands our ability to feel empathy and inspires compassion.
- These 10 novels tackle some facet of the American experience.
- The list includes a fictional retelling of the first Native American to graduate from Harvard, and hiding out in inner-city Newark.
We are destroying who they are.
- A study finds that human impact is decimating the cultures of chimpanzee communities in the wild.
- Unique localized behaviors are being reduced by 88 percent.
- Socialized learning in chimps has finally been established, just in time to be destroyed.
A new generation is waiting for the whimsy and wit of Dr. Seuss.
- The new book will be titled Dr. Seuss's Horse Museum.
- Author of 45 children's books, Dr. Seuss's profundity mixed seamlessly with his simplicity.
- Revisit and explore these timeless classics by yourself and with your children.
Transport yourself to other worlds and states of mind.
- The early 20th century saw explosive growth for the science fiction genre.
- A wide range of these books would go on to become classics.
- These great works explore the strange, zany and absurd profundities of our existence.
How did psychedelics and computers converge?
- Steve Jobs was influenced by an important counterculture and computing periodical.
- San Francisco went from hippie haven to technological hub in the years that followed the 1960s.
- The Homebrew Computer Club was founded by a draft resister and spawned dozens of tech companies.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.