Streaming services generate surprisingly high emissions, find experts.
- Increasing numbers are watching video on streaming services, requiring more and more energy.
- The emissions generated by watching a half hour of Netflix is the same as from driving almost 4 miles.
- Data centers consume much of the energy from streaming.
- San Francisco board has issued a new ordinance that'll ensure 30 percent of all public art portrays female historical figures.
- Maya Angelou has been chosen as the first historical figure to be recognized.
- The sculpture concept has come down to three finalists — its completion date is slated for winter of 2020.
Jokesters and serious Area 51 raiders would be met with military force.
- Facebook joke event to "raid Area 51" has already gained 1,000,000 "going" attendees.
- The U.S. Air Force has issued an official warning to potential "raiders."
- If anyone actually tries to storm an American military base, the use of deadly force is authorized.
Country music deserves better cultural ambassadors.
When Donald Trump took the first international trip of his presidency to Saudi Arabia in May 2017, another US icon also travelled along as part of the celebration of the alliance between these two countries: the country-music star Toby Keith.
The 'People Map of the United States' zooms in on America's obsession with celebrity
- Replace city names with those of their most famous residents and you get a peculiar map of America's obsession with celebrity.
- The multitalented Dwayne Johnson, boxing legend Muhammad Ali and Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dominate the West Coast.
- If you seek fame, become an actor, musician or athlete rather than a politician, entrepreneur or scientist.