Teaching Kids to Code Has Never Been So Easy
When you make anything Minecraft- or Frozen- or Star Wars-themed, it's hard to keep kids away.
The entire project is part of the Hour of Code Campaign, which is pushing hour-long tutorials to help kids and adults learn the fundamentals of coding and perhaps get them interested in learning more. There's a need to get more people interested in programming. Ideas, nowadays, are executed through code.
The thought of learning how to code may seem intimidating, but Code.org and its contributors have helped get over that major hurdle by wrapping it up in beloved characters and shows. Half the battle is making the world of coding look more accessible, and Code.org has done that in its presentation and in creating a visually engaging system to drive home the concepts.
As Larry Wall would say, coding is like writing a recipe for creating a dish, a very, very detailed recipe.
Natalie has been writing professionally for about 6 years. After graduating from Ithaca College with a degree in Feature Writing, she snagged a job at PCMag.com where she had the opportunity to review all the latest consumer gadgets. Since then she has become a writer for hire, freelancing for various websites. In her spare time, you may find her riding her motorcycle, reading YA novels, hiking, or playing video games. Follow her on Twitter: @nat_schumaker
Photo Credit: Frank Bienewald / Contributor/ Getty
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.