This Clever Traffic Light Makes The City Safer For Pedestrians By... Dancing
Waiting at a traffic light to cross the street is boring and annoying, especially when there are no cars and you’re in a rush. This is why a lot of people (yourself included, probably) often run it, even though, crossing at a red light is really dangerous.
A clever traffic light, created by the Smart company, shows how simple hacks that take into consideration human psychology and are designed to be fun, can drastically increase the safety of our cities. The company built and installed a "dancing traffic light" at an intersection in Lisbon, Portugal. The traffic light projected the silhouettes of passersby dancing in real time in a specially designed booth, and was so entertaining that it reduced red-light crossing by 81%!
Smart’s entire campaign #WhatAreYouFOR is aimed at making our cities safer. The company is asking citizens to submit ideas about how to make our cities more livable, safer, and more enjoyable to live in.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.