Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo Passes Big Test
In the video below, watch as SpaceShipTwo's hybrid rocket motor powers the spacecraft to a top speed of Mach 1.4, or 1.4 times the speed of sound.
The third powered test flight of Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo was completed under the guidance of Chief Pilot Dave Mackay earlier this month.
In the video below, watch as SpaceShipTwo's hybrid rocket motor powers the spacecraft to a top speed of Mach 1.4, or 1.4 times the speed of sound. While SpaceShipTwo is on target for a launch this year, no specific date has been set yet for its maiden voyage, which will carry passengers such as Ashton Kutcher into suborbital space.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.