Shepard Fairey Backs 'Stampede' to Get Money Out of Politics
Shepard Fairey has given his "stamp of approval" to the Stamp Stampede - a campaign to stamp dollar bills with messages like "Not To Be Used For Bribing Politicians."
Shepard Fairey, the graphic artist behind the iconic Obama "HOPE" poster and the OBEY Giant, has given his stamp of approval to the Stamp Stampede - a campaign to stamp dollar bills with messages like "Not To Be Used For Bribing Politicians."
The Stampede is part of a movement pushing for a constitutional amendment to get money out of politics, with 16 states and 111 congressmen supporting such an amendment.
To learn more, watch here:
The stories we tell define history. So who gets the mic in America?
- History is written by lions. But it's also recorded by lambs.
- In order to understand American history, we need to look at the events of the past as more prismatic than the narrative given to us in high school textbooks.
- Including different voices can paint a more full and vibrant portrait of America. Which is why more walks of American life can and should be storytellers.
A glass of juice has as much sugar, ounce for ounce, as a full-calorie soda. And those vitamins do almost nothing.
Quick: think back to childhood (if you've reached the scary clown you've gone too far). What did your parents or guardians give you to keep you quiet? If you're anything like most parents, it was juice. But here's the thing: juice is bad for you.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.