Harvard Researchers on the Road to Achieving Telepathy
A brain-to-brain interface between a human and a rat enables a human to control the rat’s tail simply by thinking.
A brain-to-brain interface between a human and a rat enables a human to control the rat’s tail simply by thinking. Researchers at Harvard University believe this is an important step toward achieving telepathic brain-to-brain interfaces.
So is telepathy actually possible?
Some have proposed the idea of using quantum entanglement (the invisible umbilical cord that exists between objects) as a form of telepathy. But as Dr. Michio Kaku points out in the video below, there are much more practical ways of achieving telepathy that already exist.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Do you have a magnetic compass in your head?
A new study, led by psychologist Jean Twenge, points to the screen as the problem.
- In a new study, adolescents and young adults are experiencing increased rates of depression and suicide attempts.
- The data cover the years 2005–2017, tracking perfectly with the introduction of the iPhone and widespread dissemination of smartphones.
- Interestingly, the highest increase in depressive incidents was among individuals in the top income bracket.
On Thursday, New Zealand moved to ban an array of semi-automatic guns and firearms components following a mass shooting that killed 50 people.
- Gun control supporters are pointing to the ban as an example of swift, decisive action that the U.S. desperately needs.
- Others note the inherent differences between the two nations, arguing that it is a good thing that it is relatively hard to pass such legislation in such a short timeframe.
- The ban will surely shape future conversations about gun control in the U.S.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.