Global Warming in 52 Seconds
Do you know the science of global warming? Fortunately, Michael Ranney at the University of California, Berkeley, put together a video that explains the science in less than one minute.
People can have faith in religion and faith in science. People can maintain these faiths without actually understanding the scripture or the science, respectively, behind their faiths.
This is what surveys have found, at least: the vast majority of Americans believe the Bible is in some sense the word of God, but they are unable to answer some pretty basic questions about the content of the Bible. Likewise, surveys have found that while many people might be inclined to "believe" in global warming, surprisingly few are able to explain the science behind it.
Fortunately, Michael Ranney at the University of California, Berkeley, put together a video that explains the science in less than one minute.
We're more dependent on them than we realize.
- Scientists says our survival depends on biodiversity.
- A natural climate strategy we often forget.
- Seeing our place among the Earth's living creatures.
There's a high social cost that comes with lighting up.
While short-term results are positive, there is mounting evidence against staying in ketosis for too long.
- Recent studies showed volunteers lost equal or more weight on high-carb, calorie-restricted diets than low-carb, calorie restricted diets.
- There might be positive benefits to short-term usage of a ketogenic diet.
- One dietician warns that the ketogenic diet could put diabetics at risk for diabetic ketoacidosis.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.