Global Warming in 52 Seconds
Do you know the science of global warming? Fortunately, Michael Ranney at the University of California, Berkeley, put together a video that explains the science in less than one minute.
People can have faith in religion and faith in science. People can maintain these faiths without actually understanding the scripture or the science, respectively, behind their faiths.
This is what surveys have found, at least: the vast majority of Americans believe the Bible is in some sense the word of God, but they are unable to answer some pretty basic questions about the content of the Bible. Likewise, surveys have found that while many people might be inclined to "believe" in global warming, surprisingly few are able to explain the science behind it.
Fortunately, Michael Ranney at the University of California, Berkeley, put together a video that explains the science in less than one minute.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The ability to speak clearly, succinctly, and powerfully is easier than you think
The ability to communicate effectively can make or break a person's assessment of your intelligence, competence, and authenticity.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.