Villains Have the Most Fun
The bad guy is often the easiest role to play, because they are often the best written. The screenwriter can have fun and indulge while the good guys react most of the time to that.
It’s become a kind of historical fact now that British actors, on the whole, play the bad guys. I don't know why. It started, I think, because the bad guys were the Germans and British people could put on a German accent. In those World War II films, we play the bad guys. And we could do Russian accents and all that stuff. We’re aliens, I think. I think we’re all foreigners, to the Americans.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
This economy has us in survival mode, stressing out our bodies and minds.
- Economic hardship is linked to physical and psychological illness, resulting in added healthcare expenses people can't afford.
- The gig economy – think Uber, Lyft, TaskRabbit, Handy – is marketed as a 'be your own boss' revolution, but it can be dehumanizing and dangerous; every worker is disposable.
- The cooperative business model can help reverse wealth inequality.
Meanwhile, Spaniards are the least likely to say their culture is superior to others.
- Survey by Pew Research Center shows great variation in chauvinism across Europe.
- Eight most chauvinist countries are in the east, and include Russia.
- British much more likely than French (and slightly more likely than Germans) to say their culture is "superior" to others.
A new study explores how certain personality traits affect individuals' attitudes on obesity in others.
- The study compared personality traits and obesity views among more than 3,000 mothers.
- The results showed that the personality traits neuroticism and extraversion are linked to more negative views and behaviors related to obesity.
- People who scored high in conscientiousness are more likely to experience "fat phobia.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.