Remembering Tiananmen Square in Legos, Photos and Memes
On the 24th anniversary of the Tiananmen Square Massacre, creative protests are popping up around the Web as well as on the ground in mainland China.
What does China's Children’s Holiday have to do with the anniversary of the Tiananmen Square Massacre? They are only 3 days apart. And so the site NetEase.com combined the two. As part of a slideshow of nostalgic children's toys, the Chinese web portal presented a Lego version of the anonymous "Tank Man" who was famously depicted blocking tanks with his body near Tiananmen on June 4, 1989.
This is just one example of many creative protests that are popping up around the Web as well as on the ground in mainland China, which Kevin Tang has collected here on BuzzFeed.
The 24th anniversary of the Tiananmen Massacre is tomorrow. Stories of the victims can also be found at the site TiananmenMother.org.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.