The Personal Democracy Forum has outlined a six-point technical agenda that it believes presidential candidates should support:
- Declare the Internet a public good.
- Commit to providing affordable high-speed wireless Internet access nationwide.
- Declare a "Net Neutrality" standard.
- Instead of "No Child Left Behind," our goal should be "Every Child Connected."
- Commit to building a connected democracy.
- Create a national tech corps.
More detail on each of these is available at the Forum's web site. You also can sign on as a supporter of these principles.