The State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA) has been on an unbelievable tear this year. Back in February it released its annual Trends Report on NCLB Title II, Part D (Enhancing Education Through Technology, or E2T2). Previous national reports are available at the SETDA web site. You also can access state-level reports at the Metiri Group’s web site.
Now SETDA’s Class of 2020 Action Plan for Education project is releasing its reports. The first three already are available:
- Powerful broadband access for all: Breaking through the barriers
- STEM education: Achievement and innovation
- Technology-based assessments improve teaching and learning
Two more reports are coming out this month and next:
- Empowering teachers: A professional and collaborative approach
- Robust, rigorous, and right-on-time learning through online courseware
Be sure to tap into the incredible wealth of good information on the Reports, Research & Tools page of the SETDA web site [warning: it’s easy to get lost in here for hours…]. There are numerous high-quality resources available for K-12 educational technology advocates and change agents, including the 2007 report, Maximizing the impact: The pivotal role of technology in a 21st century education system.
Keep up the great work, SETDA!