Here are my notes from the National Educational Technology Standards for Administrators (NETS-A) Release Celebration here at NECC 2009 in Washington, DC.
- The new NETS-A are a big update from the previous NETS-A. They emphasize change, should be a systemic road map for leaders, and also are designed to be aligned with the recently-refreshed NETS-S and NETS-T.
- Here are the new NETS-A standards:
- Visionary leadership
- Digital-age learning culture
- Exellence in professional practice
- Systemic improvement
- Digital citizenship
- Intel: across countries, the building and/or district leader can either be a huge catalyst or a huge barrier. [Like I’ve said time and time again, “if the leaders don’t get it, it doesn’t happen”]