Yes! She Can! Lady Clinton, the Future Secretary of State
Yes! She Can! Lady Clinton, the Future Secretary of State. In this depressed economy, prudent is risk, waiting is danger! President-elect Obama should make quick decision about his cabinet posts, who will be the next Treasury Secretary and Secretary of State? President Obama, you are not writing scientific paper and does not need too much "vetting". Today (Nov, 19 2008 DOW downs to 7997.28 first time!) And deflation is on and depression may be coming! This Administration is no hope to fix the Economy!! Americans need the real bight and able persons like President Obama and Lady Clinton to lead this country out of depression. Let me review a bit of 2008 Democratic primary history: If Mark Penn was smart enough! If Sen. Clinton’s staff dug deep enough about the extra-affairs of John Edward and worked hard enough about the relationship of Bill Ayer, Father Phleger and Rev. Wright with Mr. Barack Obama before Iowa Caucus. Or Sen. Clinton refused to agree on contract to let Michigan and Florida voting gone busted before any primary held! There would be a greater chance the President-elect would be Lady Hillary Clinton. There is no need to take the Congress’s vetting duty, let the Congress to do its job to vet Lady Clinton. One thing for sure, if Lady Clinton is not up to her job of Secretary of State in the future. President Obama can fire her later!! The rest short-lists for Secretary of State. Mr. Bill Richardson? Who needs a guy, he had betrayed his friends and former boss? For Sen. John Kerry, are you kidding me? He is waiting John McCain to be his Vice- president in 2004! I doubt his intelligence! Yes! Only Lady Clinton is the most qualified person to be the next Secretary of State. For Mr. Bill Clinton, he knows how to do his perfect job and let her wife serve this Country decently! I worry nothing about him!
Here's the science of black holes, from supermassive monsters to ones the size of ping-pong balls.
- There's more than one way to make a black hole, says NASA's Michelle Thaller. They're not always formed from dead stars. For example, there are teeny tiny black holes all around us, the result of high-energy cosmic rays slamming into our atmosphere with enough force to cram matter together so densely that no light can escape.
- CERN is trying to create artificial black holes right now, but don't worry, it's not dangerous. Scientists there are attempting to smash two particles together with such intensity that it creates a black hole that would live for just a millionth of a second.
- Thaller uses a brilliant analogy involving a rubber sheet, a marble, and an elephant to explain why different black holes have varying densities. Watch and learn!
- Bonus fact: If the Earth became a black hole, it would be crushed to the size of a ping-pong ball.
Protected animals are feared to be headed for the black market.
In a breakthrough for nuclear fusion research, scientists at China's Experimental Advanced Superconducting Tokamak (EAST) reactor have produced temperatures necessary for nuclear fusion on Earth.
- The EAST reactor was able to heat hydrogen to temperatures exceeding 100 million degrees Celsius.
- Nuclear fusion could someday provide the planet with a virtually limitless supply of clean energy.
- Still, scientists have many other obstacles to pass before fusion technology becomes a viable energy source.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.