Yen Rises While We Don't Pass Stimulus
Bloomberg today reports that the yen rose against the dollar after "the U.S. government delayed the announcement of a financial- recovery plan." Traders took refuge.
"Japan’s currency gained as U.S. stock-index futures dropped, spurring investors to trim holdings of higher-yielding assets funded in the yen. The Norwegian krone climbed against most of the 16 most-active currencies after Norway said it would inject $14.8 billion in capital to revive bank lending," according to Bloomberg.
- Antimicrobial-resistant pathogens are one of the largest threats to global health today.
- Without intervention, resistant pathogens could result in 10 million annual deaths by 2050.
No, the Syrian civil war is not over. But it might be soon. Time for a recap
- The War in Syria has dropped off the radar, but it's not over (yet)
- This 1-minute video shows how the fronts have moved – and stabilised – over the past 22 months
Entrepreneur and author Andrew Horn shares his rules for becoming an assured conversationalist.
- To avoid basing action on external validation, you need to find your "authentic voice" and use it.
- Finding your voice requires asking the right questions of yourself.
- There are 3-5 questions that you would generally want to ask people you are talking to.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.