There is an assumption that there is not enough available investments in this economic crisis and that tax cuts to all will provide needed savings. In the time when desintegration of unions over long period of time created lack of consumer buying power and extreme borrowing masked that fact, there is too much investments that create bubbles that burst with negative consequences. My idea is to cut down on the amount of investments the same way they were created, by temporary tax on wealthy to achieve ballance of supply and demand. there should be a 3 year tax of 80% on excess of a million dollar earners. That could curb deficit and create financial pool for government infrastructure investments. Other way to do this is by selling infrastructure bonds domestically, just as war bonds during WWII.
Researchers discover a link between nonverbal synchronization and relationship success.
- Scientists say coordinating movements leads to increased intimacy and sexual desire in a couple.
- The improved rapport and empathy was also observed in people who didn't know each other.
- Non-verbal clues are very important in the development stages of a relationship.
Humans evolved to live in the cold through a number of environmental and genetic factors.
- According to some relatively new research, many of our early human cousins preceded Homo sapien migrations north by hundreds of thousands or even millions of years.
- Cross-breeding with other ancient hominids gave some subsets of human population the genes to contend and thrive in colder and harsher climates.
- Behavioral and dietary changes also helped humans adapt to cold climates.
The comics titan worked for more than half a century to revolutionize and add nuance to the comics industry, and he built a vast community of fans along the way.
- Lee died shortly after being rushed to an L.A. hospital. He had been struggling with multiple illnesses over the past year, reports indicate.
- Since the 1950s, Lee has been one of the most influential figures in comics, helping to popularize heroes that expressed a level of nuance and self-doubt previously unseen in the industry.
- Lee, who's later years were marked by some financial and legal tumult, is survived by his daughter, Joan Celia "J.C." Lee.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.