Will Tsvangirai Bring Civil Society to Zimbabwe?
Under the new two-way power-sharing agreement, Zimbabweans are enthused with a new hope that civil society may take hold in a country Foreign Policy ranked in the top three of the world's most failed states.
Once the bread basket of Africa, Zimbabwe has seen its economic prospects evaporate under three decades of strong-man rule under Robert Mugabe. Hyperinflation has driven made even basic items out of reach of most people. A recent cholera update was said to wipe out thousands though the official toll was not disclosed from on high. Zimbabwe's new co-chief, Morgan Tsvangirai, was the long-time president of the Movement for Democratic change and promises to bring sweeping improvements to the country. Do big thinkers think Mr. Tsvangirai is up to the task?
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
- At a glance, this map shows both the size and distribution of world religions.
- See how religions mix at both national and regional level.
- There's one country in the Americas without a Christian majority – which?
Hungarian cartographer travels the world while mapping its treasures.
- Simple idea, stunning result: the world's watersheds in glorious colors.
- The maps are the work of Hungarian cartographer Robert Szucs.
- His job: to travel and map the world, one good cause at a time.
Yes, a coup d'état.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.