Will Obama Smash 'Invisible' Trade Barriers?
The Cato Institute today explores the problem of "invisible" trade barriers. "Although they are part of a large and growing segment of world trade -- and a prominent feature in healthy, vibrant economies -- services are often overlooked in trade negotiations in favor of higher-profile trade in agriculture and manufactured goods," explains a Cato brief.
In a new paper, scholar Sallie James argues that "the United States should continue to press other nations, including developing countries, to open their markets to American service providers, while removing unwieldy restrictions at home." Is the Obama administration informed of the current barriers to service providers? Send your thoughts and experiences on operating overseas to email@example.com
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
Archeologists had been doubtful since no such ship had ever been found.
- In 450 BCE, Greek historian Herodotus described a barge that's never been found.
- One boat, Ship 17, uncannily matches the Herodotus' description.
- Horseshoe crabs' blue blood is so valuable that a quart of it can be sold for $15,000.
- This is because it contains a molecule that is crucial to the medical research community.
- While on Joe Rogan's podcast, he explains his thoughts on the gender differences in society.
- On another episode, Peterson discusses the development of character through competition.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.