Will Belgium be disintegrated ?
Belgium once started as a francophone nation meanwhile half of its citizens didn't speak French, but Flamish.
Reason for this option: fighting the protestant clavinist thoughts, which was also the real reason for the revolution against the Netherlands in the first place.
The problem has finally been resolved after the equal acceptance of Dutch as an official language, but then a new problem arose:
half of the country doesn't have any information about the other half due to a Flamish schooling system, Flamish media and even Flamish government of the most part of their lives.
The other half of the country opting quite logically rather for English then for Flamish/Dutch.
In fact most people do speak and understand English, which can't be said about neither French nor Dutch. Some youth already speak English when meeting each other when finding out the difference of language between them.
I do believe Belgium will become a confederation of three nation: Flanders, Brussels and Wallonia.
BTW, the .vl (Vlaanderen), .wa (Wallonie) et .bxl (Bruxelles) are still available as top level domains...
What makes a life worth living as you grow older?
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel revisits his essay on wanting to die at 75 years old.
- The doctor believes that an old life filled with disability and lessened activity isn't worth living.
- Activists believe his argument stinks of ageism, while advances in biohacking could render his point moot.
The Amazon Rainforest is often called "The Planet's Lungs."
- For weeks, fires have been burning in the Amazon rainforest in Brazil, likely started by farmers and ranchers.
- Brazil's president, Jair Bolsonaro, has blamed NGOs for starting the flames, offering no evidence to support the claim.
- There are small steps you can take to help curb deforestation in the Amazon rainforest, which produces about 20 percent of the world's oxygen.
Emojis might contain more emotional information than meets the eye.
- A new study shows that people who frequently used emojis in text messages with potential dates engaged in more sexual activity and had more contact with those dates.
- However, the study only shows an association; it didn't establish causality.
- The authors suggest that emojis might help to convey nuanced emotional information that's lacking in strictly text-based messaging.