Why is traditional theology shunned by modern academia?
It seems odd to me that the spiritualism of Depak Chopra is considered to be the authoritative form of faith on this site. Atheism has its merits, but why are the half-baked religions of a few authors are held in higher esteem than the millenia old traditions of Catholicism, Greek Orthodoxy, and Islam. Spiritualism seems to me to echo the civic deism of Robespierre's Cult of the Supreme Being.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.