Why is sex so controversial? Lack of attention paid.
Sex is only controversial because it is intellectually ignored as a basic human instinct, during a human early development. Due to choices of avoidance.
I imagine early humans did not avoid the subject, as there is no sound "reason" for doing so. Yet somewhere in social evolution, concepts and groups made decisions about what was acceptable to be spoken about, taught and reflected upon.
Only things that are not equally and/or properly understood are controversial. For lacking equal and proper understanding.
Any human being would benefit from being appropriately taught that one aspect of their humanness is their sexuality from the first day of their curiosity and desire to learn. Which would be very early on and beneficial because it would seem less odd or taboo as they mature and their ability to make sound, safe, and self-less decisions would increase exponentially.
Connecting-to-the-Value-of-Why 2005-2008 ©
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
A lazy buzz phrase – 'Is this the new normal?' – has been doing the rounds as extreme climate events have been piling up over the past year. To which the riposte should be: it's worse than that – we're on the road to even more frequent, more extreme events than we saw this year.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.