Why is sex so controversial? Lack of attention paid.
Sex is only controversial because it is intellectually ignored as a basic human instinct, during a human early development. Due to choices of avoidance.
I imagine early humans did not avoid the subject, as there is no sound "reason" for doing so. Yet somewhere in social evolution, concepts and groups made decisions about what was acceptable to be spoken about, taught and reflected upon.
Only things that are not equally and/or properly understood are controversial. For lacking equal and proper understanding.
Any human being would benefit from being appropriately taught that one aspect of their humanness is their sexuality from the first day of their curiosity and desire to learn. Which would be very early on and beneficial because it would seem less odd or taboo as they mature and their ability to make sound, safe, and self-less decisions would increase exponentially.
Connecting-to-the-Value-of-Why 2005-2008 ©
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
Three scientists publish paper proving that not Venus but Mercury is the closest planet to Earth
- Earth is the third planet from the Sun, so our closest neighbour must be planet two of four, right?
- Wrong! Neither Venus nor Mars is the right answer.
- Horseshoe crabs' blue blood is so valuable that a quart of it can be sold for $15,000.
- This is because it contains a molecule that is crucial to the medical research community.
The distance between the American dream and reality is expressed best through literature.
- Literature expands our ability to feel empathy and inspires compassion.
- These ten novels tackle some facet of the American experience.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.