Why is sex so controversial?
Sex is only controversial because it is intellectually ignored as a basic human instinct, during a human early development. Due to choices of avoidance.
I imagine early humans did not avoid the subject, as there is no sound "reason" for doing so. Yet somewhere in social evolution, concepts and groups made decisions about what was acceptable to be spoken about, taught and reflected upon.
Only things that are not equally and/or properly understood are controversial. For lacking equal and proper understanding.
Any human being would benefit from being appropriately taught that one aspect of their humanness is their sexuality from the first day of their curiosity and desire to learn. Which would be very early on and beneficial because it would seem less odd or taboo as they mature and their ability to make sound, safe, and self-less decisions would increase exponentially.
Connecting-to-the-Value-of-Why 2005-2008 ©
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
You can say 'no' to things, and you should. Do it like this.
- Give yourself permission to say "no" to things. Saying yes to everything is a fast way to burn out.
Three scientists publish a paper proving that Mercury, not Venus, is the closest planet to Earth.
- Earth is the third planet from the Sun, so our closest neighbor must be planet two or four, right?
- Wrong! Neither Venus nor Mars is the right answer.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.