Time and again, when believers are made aware or the dimension of plaigarism within say the Xtian tradition, they shrug it off as meaningless. To those of us that think history has something to offer, it is no small thing that 3 of the key planks of the Christ myth are sourced from Egyptian antiquity. Horus was a 'son of god', not 'born of the seed of man' (in other words a virgin birth), and was resurrected after death. Heaven and hell are constructs that pre-date Xtianity by centuries. how many Gods do the Xtians write off as impossible before settling on Jesus as the version of the myth that somehow cannot be viewed through the same prism as the others? there is so much brilliant credible history and analysis in the libraries of the world, that they readily by-pass for the equivalent of the myths and fables section, right next to the fairy tales. Why is this?
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face"
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
Two massive clouds of dust in orbit around the Earth have been discussed for years and finally proven to exist.
- Hungarian astronomers have proven the existence of two "pseudo-satellites" in orbit around the earth.
- These dust clouds were first discovered in the sixties, but are so difficult to spot that scientists have debated their existence since then.
- The findings may be used to decide where to put satellites in the future and will have to be considered when interplanetary space missions are undertaken.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.