Why create laws to restrict gun ownership when criminals do not obey laws?
People choose to break the law and by passing more laws in an attempt to stop law breakers seems to be idiocy at the highest level.
Why is there still a focus on banning any types of firearms when the only people who would obey the laws are the very folks who need firearms to protect themselves from the people who don't obey the law to begin with.
Dogs' floppy ears may be part of why they and other domesticated animals love humans so much.
- Nearly all domestic animals share several key traits in addition to friendliness to humans, traits such as floppy ears, a spotted coat, a shorter snout, and so on.
- Researchers have been puzzled as to why these traits keep showing up in disparate species, even when they aren't being bred for those qualities. This is known as "domestication syndrome."
- Now, researchers are pointing to a group of a cells called neural crest cells as the key to understanding domestication syndrome.
Protected animals are feared to be headed for the black market.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.