Why Conservatives Should Embrace Charles Darwin
Tomorrow marks the 200th anniversary of the birth of the father of evolution, Charles Darwin. He remains as influential as ever and, among many groups, just as controversial. There is a good piece in The Australian today arguing that Darwin's detractors on the right should reevaluate their stance, as the spontaneous order he observed in nature are the same forces that drive the free market and resist social engineering.
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.