Why Conservatives Should Embrace Charles Darwin
Tomorrow marks the 200th anniversary of the birth of the father of evolution, Charles Darwin. He remains as influential as ever and, among many groups, just as controversial. There is a good piece in The Australian today arguing that Darwin's detractors on the right should reevaluate their stance, as the spontaneous order he observed in nature are the same forces that drive the free market and resist social engineering.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
It marks a major shift in the government's battle against the opioid crisis.
- It marks the first time a drug company has faced criminal charges for distributing opioids.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
The real Game of Thrones might be who best leverages the hit HBO show to shape political narratives.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.