Why can't we have more consumer choices that are environmentally friendly?
Why do I have to pay more to be green? Why do I have only a handful of hybrid vehicles to choose from? I could go on...
I realize of course that the definition of being environmentally friendly is a hard one to pin down, but let's look at it from the simple standpoint of 'uses energy i significantly more efficient manner' I think that would be a great place to start. It would be nice to have more choices when buying something that fits this criteria. As an example... The new fluorescent light bulbs fit this category. Obviously, corporations are driven by their bottom line, what can be done to motivate them to produce goods that will fit this criteria?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A new study explores how certain personality traits affect individuals' attitudes on obesity in others.
- The study compared personality traits and obesity views among more than 3,000 mothers.
- The results showed that the personality traits neuroticism and extraversion are linked to more negative views and behaviors related to obesity.
- People who scored high in conscientiousness are more likely to experience "fat phobia.
Meanwhile, Spaniards are the least likely to say their culture is superior to others.
- Survey by Pew Research Center shows great variation in chauvinism across Europe.
- Eight most chauvinist countries are in the east, and include Russia.
- British much more likely than French (and slightly more likely than Germans) to say their culture is "superior" to others.
The history of the Geneva Conventions tells us how the international community draws the line on brutality.
- Henry Dunant's work led to the Red Cross and conventions on treating prisoners humanely.
- Four Geneva Conventions defined the rules for prisoners of war, torture, naval and medical personnel and more.
- Amendments to the agreements reflect the modern world but have not been ratified by all countries.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.