Why are we obsessed with the lives of others?
It is another of the ways we rationalize avoidance of self, justifing distraction from doing things with a beneficial purpose. Those in the business of feeding the obsession create justifications to rationalize their chosen coarse. Not right or wrong, it's just what it is, and in the long term has no lasting meaning.
Referring to a well-known time-management quote,"Justification and rationalization are the most pervasive time wasters employed by human beings, in personal or professsional contexts." As hard as this is to accept for the majority, when you understand it and make an effort to follow it, you will be amazed at how much more you accomplish and with less conflict along the way.
- The EAST reactor was able to heat hydrogen to temperatures exceeding 100 million degrees Celsius.
- Nuclear fusion could someday provide the planet with a virtually limitless supply of clean energy.
- During the Vietnam War, Robert McNamara began a program called Project 100,000.
- Women and nonwhite candidates made record gains in the 2018 midterms.
- In total, almost half of the newly elected Congressional representatives are not white men.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.