Why are so many people disillusioned with the church?
I think that this is a question that Christians need to ask these days. Why is it that so many people have no interest in the Christian faith and consider all Christians to be hypocrites? Simply stated: because most Christians do not act like one. I keep coming back to this idea time and time again. Too often Christians keep in their own little comfortable bubble of the church and never venture out of it. This is not attractive to the unbeliever. Neither is saying one thing and acting another. I believe a huge step is to actually take time to be involved in the lives of those around us. To show a genuine interest and live life side by side with those who are not of the Christian faith. It seems as though the whole idea of practicing what we preach is what is needed in this case. We preach all about the love of God and how He ministered to the least of these, and yet, how many times do we walk past those on the side of the road and not give them a second glance. How often do we hear of someone in need and turn away. If I was seeing this, I don't think I'd want anything to do with Christianity either. Time to practice what we preach...
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
China's Chang'e 4 biosphere experiment marks a first for humankind.
- China's Chang'e 4 lunar lander touched down on the far side of the moon on January 3.
- In addition to a lunar rover, the lander carried a biosphere experiment that contains five sets of plants and some insects.
- The experiment is designed to test how astronauts might someday grow plants in space to sustain long-term settlements.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
Arranged marriages and Western romantic practices have more in common than we might think.
In his book In Praise of Love (2009), the French communist philosopher Alain Badiou attacks the notion of 'risk-free love', which he sees written in the commercial language of dating services that promise their customers 'love, without falling in love'.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.