Why are Americans no longer interested in space exploration?
Most Americans who were of age when we landed on the moon can tell you exactly where they were at that historic moment. During the Mercury and Apollo missions, America was glued to the television, and television coverage was extensive. Today, we care more about what Britney Spears is doing, than what NASA is up to. The media almost never reports on NASA happenings. And, when Bush announced the plan to go to Mars, it wasn’t well received. The space race bestowed upon us a wealth of technology that we now us everyday; and, unlit lately, mankind has always been driven by exploration. What gives?
Upvote the video, or videos, you want to win.
- It was given this name because it came from another solar system.
- Some claimed Oumuamua was an alien technology, but there's no actual evidence for that.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.